I’m a freelance illustrator, web designer and graphic designer currently living and working in Dulwich, London.
I draw mainly in pen and ink but often work in digital paint and vector work with the occasional block print. I’ve been drawing all my life and in 2004 graduated with a BA in illustration from Middlesex University.
For design, I use Photoshop, Illustrator and Affinity Designer. I know enough HTML and CSS to put together small sites and prototype web designs.
For 8 years I worked as a web designer for Time Inc. In May 2015 I decided to go freelance and work for myself. This allows me to work with a greater variety of client on a wider range of projects.
Other than the creative stuff, I also love video games, reading and cooking. I also have a collection of vintage Penguin books I’m in the middle of archiving which you can see on Tumblr. I also regularly attend a life drawing session with the Dulwich Art Group.
I’m available for commissions and contract work, just get in touch.
Experience & skills
- Abobe Photoshop
- I’ve been using Photoshop for years for everything including photo retouching, editing, web and graphic design.
- Adobe Illustrator
- Experienced in using Illustrator to create detailed vector graphics, illustration, icons and logo work. Also used for web design on occasion for a change from Photoshop!
- Adobe InDesign
- I’ve used InDesign sparingly, producing some work for print now and then. Privately, I’ve used Illustrator to prep work for print as I know it better.
- I can confidently write HTML to put together web pages and sites.
- I’m capable of styling in CSS using multiple stylesheets and aiding the workflow with SASS.
- I have moderate experience writing PHP, mainly through building custom WordPress themes.